- Treat everyone with respect. Treat your fellow students and your instructors the way you would like to be treated. Be polite.
- Do not talk while the Instructor is talking. Raise your hand if you want to ask the Instructor a question.
- Do not mess around in the dojo.
- Do not touch anything that does not belong to you.
- No foul or inappropriate language in the dojo .
- Students must behave in a manner that is conducive to the class and not in a disruptive manner.
- 100% effort and dedication must be given at all times.
- On entering and exiting the dojo face the middle of the dojo and bow. This is to indicate your respect for the training area (Dojo).
- Lateness: If you arrive late enter the dojo wait for the Instructor to give you permission to enter.
- Once in the class you must ask permission to leave the dojo for whatever reason.
- Out of respect Instructors should be referred to as 'Sensei'.
- Students must bow to instructors and show proper respect.
- Junior grades should show proper respect to their senior grades.
- When called to order, form a line with the highest grade to the right hand side of the instructor.
- When all students are the same grade, then the student who has been in that grade the longest will be on the right hand side.
- In the interest of safety finger/toe nails must be short.
- No alcohol, chewing gum or food to be consumed in the dojo.
- No jewellery, watches or earrings to be worn in the interest of safety.
- Students behaviour and appearance is a reflection on the club.
- A clean, white gi and appropriate obi to be worn in the dojo.
- No sparring unless supervised by a senior instructor.
All students must hold a current license as this provides invaluable insurance cover for them and their fellow members against injury.
The license also entitles the holder to attend courses and you will not be able to grade without a current licence .